- Underwriting Account Executive
- Part-Time On-Air Host
- Audio Production Internships
- Newsroom Internships
- Other Volunteering Opportunities
- FCC EEO Reports
Underwriting Account Executive
Rhode Island Public Radio has an immediate opening for an Underwriting Account Executive.
Rhode Island Public Radio offers a unique opportunity for a motivated and creative sales professional. In a highly visible outside position, this motivated sales representative will act as one of the station’s ambassadors to the business community. Following a consultative sales approach, the account executive will develop and grow new and existing local and regional support by targeting markets, initiating cold calls, setting appointments, presenting, proposing marketing solutions and closing sales with owners, decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers. Primary responsibilities include securing media buys for public radio broadcast programming, website, and special events.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
- Achieve sales goals working within a team-based collaborative department.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and prospects.
- Schedule on premise sales calls with both current and prospective clients.
- Submit a weekly report of sales activities.
- Identify prospective clients and compile information on competitive products.
- Facilitate accurate broadcast scheduling and airing.
- Represent organization at community networking events and organization’s community outreach and fundraising events.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
This position will be evaluated based on demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities in carrying out the duties assigned above:
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
Must be computer proficient—particularly in Excel and Word, and able to learn traffic software.
- A 3-5 year strong track record of sales in a business to business category is preferred.
- Ability to identify, cultivate and maintain immediate and long-term business relationships with a large number of clients.
- Ability to actively contribute as a team member of the underwriting staff.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for public radio programming is a plus but not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Salary and commission based compensation commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes partially subsidized health and dental insurance and parking, fully paid life, LTD insurance, company paid iPhone, a FSA and a 401k plan.
Deadline: February 19, 2016
To Apply: Send a cover letter stating interest, salary/wage history and source where you learned of the open position; and include your resume and three professional and/or educational references to email@example.com with Account Executive in the subject line.
Part-Time On-Air Host
• To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
• To provide equal opportunity in employment.
• To educate its management and staff in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
• RIPR is committed to diversity and equal employment opportunity in every aspect of personnel policy and practice including: recruitment, selection, placement, training and advancement of employees.
• Recruitment for employment opportunities at RIPR takes place through an open and fair process.
• RIPR job postings are submitted to professional minority organizations consistent with its established FCC EEO program with the goal of attracting a diverse candidate pool. Special effort will be made by RIPR management and search committee members to recruit minority candidates.
• RIPR management and other appropriate staff will attend training seminars or workshops in order to learn ways to create a more diverse workforce and to maintain a culture of respect and non-discrimination. RIPR management will review practices designed to fulfill RIPR’s commitment to diversity and to meet applicable FCC guidelines.
RIPR has 19 full time members of its public radio staff. Women comprise a total of 42% of RIPR’s full time staff. RIPR’s staff generally reflects the demographic makeup of its listening area and we will continue to recruit diverse candidates for future open positions.