Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Providence Mayoral Race, It's Not All About Buddy
- Mattiello: Cianci's Effect on RI's Image is For Voters to Decide
Maureen Moakley's extensive experience analyzing political trends make her a vital member of the Political Roundtable team. She holds a Ph.D. in Political Science from Rutgers University and is as professor of Political Science at the University of Rhode Island, where she teaches American government, State Politics and Political Theory. Moakley is the author of several books, including one on Rhode Island politics, and has written numerous articles and chapters on politics in Rhode Island and New England.
In addition to her work at Rhode Island Public Radio, Moakley is a regular political commentator on A Lively Experiment, a program discussing state politics on Rhode Island’s PBS channel.
Moakley enjoys lending her academic experience to efforts aimed at expanding local programming, and she identifies her work on Political Roundtable as one of the real highlights of her week.