Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue January 29, 2013
Application to buy Westerly Hospital heads for formal review
Westerly Hospital is another step closer to being acquired by New London-based L&M Hospital.
Rhode Island’s department of health and the attorney general’s office say they’ve received a complete application from L&M. The state agencies now have 90 days to review it. If they accept L&M’s offer, Westerly could be the first hospital acquired under the state’s new Hospital Conversions Act.
Westerly has been in receivership since late 2011. The financially struggling community hospital has been looking for ways to keep its doors open despite declining patient numbers.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com