Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Tue January 29, 2013
Application to buy Westerly Hospital heads for formal review
Westerly Hospital is another step closer to being acquired by New London-based L&M Hospital.
Rhode Island’s department of health and the attorney general’s office say they’ve received a complete application from L&M. The state agencies now have 90 days to review it. If they accept L&M’s offer, Westerly could be the first hospital acquired under the state’s new Hospital Conversions Act.
Westerly has been in receivership since late 2011. The financially struggling community hospital has been looking for ways to keep its doors open despite declining patient numbers.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com