Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Rhody Votes '14: Dems for Governor Debate
- Mattiello: Cianci's Effect on RI's Image is For Voters to Decide
Tue January 29, 2013
Application to buy Westerly Hospital heads for formal review
Westerly Hospital is another step closer to being acquired by New London-based L&M Hospital.
Rhode Island’s department of health and the attorney general’s office say they’ve received a complete application from L&M. The state agencies now have 90 days to review it. If they accept L&M’s offer, Westerly could be the first hospital acquired under the state’s new Hospital Conversions Act.
Westerly has been in receivership since late 2011. The financially struggling community hospital has been looking for ways to keep its doors open despite declining patient numbers.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org