Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
The Bottom Line
Fri December 6, 2013
The Bottom Line: New Job Training Program For 2014
Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for a weekly business segment we're calling "The Bottom Line." Each Friday they look at business news and themes that affect local business and the public.
This week Dave and Mark talk with Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training Director Charles Fogarty. They discuss new jobless figures, reaction to pushback over the new bi-weekly wage requirements, and details about a pilot job training program, called “Back to Work, Rhode Island.” The program is scheduled to start in January. It will allow people to collect unemployment benefits while going through unpaid job training at companies.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com