Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri February 1, 2013
The Bottom Line: Will RI's health insurance exchange be ready in time?
Providence Business News Editor Mark Murphy joins Rhode Island Public Radio's Dave Fallon for a weekly business segment we're calling "The Bottom Line." Each Friday it looks at business news and themes that affect local business and the public.
This week Dave and Mark talk with Donald Nokes, founder of NetCenergy. He is past vice-chair of the State Health Exchange Board and is currently president of the Rhode Island Business Group on Health.
They discussed the local business community’s response to the state’s efforts to launch its health insurance exchange. The exchange is an online marketplace for people and businesses to shop for health insurance. It’s a key piece in President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, and Nokes says there are concerns about costs and whether Rhode Island can get its exchange up and running by the October deadline.
When to Listen
You can hear The Bottom Line each Friday at 5:50pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com