Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed March 6, 2013
CF Charter Schools Get Cash Infusion
Charter Schools in Central Falls, Pawtucket and Cumberland will have $10 million to make building improvements, thanks to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The Foundation is providing the money in the form of low or no-interest loans, to increase the number of charter schools seats available for Central Falls students.
The Gates Foundation has rewarded 16 cities around the country for pledging to work with local charter schools to improve student achievement. The Central Falls partnership includes the district’s public schools, The Learning Community Charter School, The Segue Institute for Learning, Blackstone Academy Charter School, International Charter School and Blackstone Valley Prep Mayoral Academy.
Central Falls Schools