Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Wed June 12, 2013
Cicilline Bets on the Bruins; Attempt to Fight Partisanship in Congress
As the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks square off Wednesday for the Stanley Cup finals. Congressman David Cicilline and a GOP counterpart from Illinois are trying to foster bi-partisanship through a friendly bet on the series.
Cicilline is making the wager with Illinois Congressman Adam Kinzinger. The loser of the wager will have to provide a lunch of local specialties – from either New England or Chicago – for the winner’s legislative staff.
If the Bruins win, Kinzinger plans to serve deep-dish pizza, hot dogs, and a mix of popcorn that’s well known in Chicago. If the Blackhawks win, Cicilline says he’ll serve clam chowder, Del’s frozen lemonade, and Portuguese-style chourico and peppers.
Cicilline and Kinzinger are both members in a group called No Labels that is trying to overcome gridlock in DC. The championship series between the Bruins and the Blackhawks marks the first since 1979 pitting two of the original NHL franchises.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org