Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Mon January 6, 2014
Cold Temperatures Heading Our Way
Rhode Island has been basking in unusually warm temperatures for a January day. According to the National Weather Service, most parts of the state were in the low 50’s throughout Monday. But a big change is just around the corner.
Rhode Island has been on a weather rollercoaster for the last four days. The temperature has swung from a near record low last week to a comfortable 50-plus degrees Monday. But National Weather Service meteorologist Charlie Foley says it will get very cold tonight and will remain so through Thursday.
Between this afternoon and overnight we’re going to have another episode of unusually cold temperatures," said Foley. "We’re looking at temperatures on Tuesday that will be around 20 degrees generally across Rhode Island. And then nighttime lows will be down in the low teens and even single numbers in some spots.
Forecasters expect a return to milder weather Friday and it’s expected to continue through the weekend.