Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Thu August 29, 2013
Conversation: Winners & Losers in 38 Studios Lawsuit
The state’s lawsuit over failed video game company 38 Studios will move forward. Superior Court Judge Michael Silverstein dismissed some of the counts, but allowed key parts of the state’s lawsuit to move ahead.
Silverstein's 98-page decision goes through each of the 16 counts brought against 14 defendants. Those defendants include former 38 Studios executives, former officials with the state’s Economic Development Corporation, former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, and a collection of lawyers and financial institutions.
Rhode Island Public Radio Political Analyst Scott MacKay read the decision, talked to the experts, and joined All Things Considered Host Dave Fallon to make sense of the latest legal twist.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com