Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue December 17, 2013
Counting Down On Politics' Top 10 Posts of 2013
Rhode Island is the gift that keeps giving -- as the saying goes -- and 2013 was chock full of news. Who knows what the next day could bring? With a few weeks still left to go in December, on the way to a big news year, here's a rundown on the most-read posts this year on our politics blog.
10. The Providence Journal continued to bleed readers.
9. Scott MacKay's analysis of Governor Lincoln Chafee's decision not to seek re-election.
7. Brett Smiley was exploring a run for mayor of Providence.
6. Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi called Rhode Island's pension cuts a Wall Street giveaway -- and Raimondo fired back.
5. Angel Taveras hired a top DC consultant to help prepare for his run for governor.
3. Further layoffs at the ProJo.
2. Clay Pell formed a campaign organization to consider a run for governor.
Drum roll please ....
1. The five-member Republican contingent in the state Senate joined the effort to legalize same-sex marriage, itself one of the top stories of the year.
Thanks for stopping by and please keep reading in 2014!