Most Active Stories
- PawSox: Providence Ballpark Would Cost State About $2M Per Year
- TGIF: 18 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Time For Truly Independent Scrutiny of RI PawSox Deal
- Sports Economists Offer Differing Views Of Proposed Providence Baseball Stadium
- TheEC: Tower Climbing & RF Safety
Thu January 23, 2014
Debrief: What Does It Mean To Reduce Nitrogen In Narragansett Bay?
Rhode Island is remarkably close to meeting a goal of reducing nitrogen discharged in upper Narragansett Bay by 50 percent. Upgrades at wastewater treatment plants have played a major role in helping meet this goal. Rhode Island Public Radio’s environment reporter Ambar Espinoza joined Elisabeth Harrison in the studio to talk about what it means to reduce the amount of nitrogen we put into the bay.