Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Wed October 30, 2013
Diocese of Providence Helping Rhode Islanders Pay Their Heating Bill
Once again the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence is reaching out to help Rhode Islanders who can’t pay their heating bills this winter.
With overnight temperatures dipping into the 30’s, Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin has announced the ‘Keep the Heat’ program on for an eighth year. The program provides heating assistance to Rhode Islanders who have exhausted all other public and private forms of heating assistance.
The program is funded with a $50,000 donation from the Catholic Charity Appeal. Since its founding in 2005, the Keep the Heat program has helped keep 6,500 families and individuals warm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org