Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Thu July 18, 2013
Dozens of Organizations Come Together to Focus on Autism in RI
A collaborative effort to research and treat autism is rolling out in Rhode Island. This new consortium includes universities, hospitals and state agencies.
The Rhode Island Consortium for Autism Research and Treatment, or RI-CART, brings doctors researchers and educators together to advance autism research and put a spotlight on the disorder. Dozens of organizations are involved, including Bradley Hospital, Brown University and the Rhode Island Department of Education.
RI-CART’s goal is to boost research, including the creation of an online research registry, and educate policymakers about disorders in the autism spectrum.
The group’s first project will look at the primary care needs of autistic patients ranging from teens to adults. More information can be found at www. autismri.org
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org