Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
Fri March 8, 2013
Five nominated for EDC Board
Governor Lincoln Chafee has unveiled five nominees for the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation. The EDC has remained beset by turnover in recent years.
Chafee says his 5 nominees represent key industries and his commitment to helping small business. The nominees include Rhode Island College president Nancy Carriuolo; the head of the state nursery and landscape association, Shannon Brawley; shipping executive Jason Kelly; and the head of a sand and gravel company, Roland Fiore. Chafee is also reappointing the president of the Rhode Island AFL-CIO, George Nee.
The governor calls the appointments a new direction for the EDC, and part of the path to a stronger economy in Rhode Island.
Three members of the 13-member EDC board told Chafee last month they want to step down. The economic development agency has operated without a head for most of the last five years.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com