Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Tue October 23, 2012
Fox critic Dickinson set to endorse Binder in District 4 race
State Representative Spencer Dickinson (D-South Kingstown), who wrote a well-publicized letter condemning House Speaker Gordon Fox’s leadership style, is slated on Wedneday to endorse Fox’s opponent, Mark Binder, according to Binder’s campaign.
Dickinson is set to back Binder during a Wednesday appearance at Laurelmead and also stump with him at the Jewish Community Center, Binder’s campaign says.
Dickinson lived to fight another day in the Democratic primary, edging the House leadership’s candidate, Kathleen Fogarty, by 34 votes. He faces Republican James Haldeman in the November 6 election.
UPDATE: Fox campaign spokesman Bill Fischer questions the value of Dickinson’s endorsement, noting that Dickinson voted against last year’s landmark pension overhaul in the House. Fischer says the backing for Fox from Providence Mayor Angel Taveras and state Treasurer Gina Raimondo is likely to resonate more with voters in District 4.