Most Active Stories
- Nuala Pell, Spouse And Political Partner Of Sen. Claiborne Pell, Dies
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We Remember: Patriot's Day 2014
- Brown University Looking To Become Center For Brazilian Study
- Beer, Wine Bills Backed By Farm Breweries And Wineries, But Not Liquor Industry
- Remembering Local Musician David Lamb Of Brown Bird
Arts & Culture
Fri January 25, 2013
Greenwich Odeum Theater reopening Saturday
The Greenwich Odeum Theater reopens tomorrow (Saturday) with an evening of performances at its historic location on Main Street in East Greenwich. After surviving many incarnations since it opened as a vaudeville house in 1926, the theater closed in 2007 due to stricter fire codes following the tragic 2003 Station nightclub fire in West Warwick. Five years and over 200,000 dollars in renovations later, the Greenwich Odeum will host performing arts events once again. Co-chair of the Odeum's board, Frank Prosnitz, says theater lovers old and new are ready for this next chapter.
Everybody's very excited that we are reopening in the sense of what we bring: a spark to the social, cultural, and educational climate to the community as well as a huge economic boost to East Greenwich and the surrounding area.
Audiences Saturday will get their first glimpse of the reborn theater, with its fresh lighting, sound, and upholstery.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us; we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
Arts & Culture