Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The R.I. And Mass. Casino Conundrum
Thu January 31, 2013
High winds, heavy rain
RI and southeast MA are under a high wind warning this morning. National Weather Service meteorologist Alan Dunham warns that this morning’s gusts are going to make the going tough for drivers.
“It's a bit of a wild one," Dunham says, "TF Green Airport had a wind gust to 56 miles an hour, so there’s some strong winds out there."
Dunham says there are branches down on roadways, and he urges drivers to use caution.
The winds should die down about 10 a.m. The weather service says heavy rains may cause some localized flooding, and there is a high potential for power outages.
Today will also be warmer than usual. Meteorologist Dunham says the record high for this date is 62 degrees, and we are on track to possibly beat that. Then as the day progresses the temperatures will drop to the mid 40s.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com