Most Active Stories
- Police Name Child Killed By RIPTA Bus
- TGIF: 19 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The PawSox Baseball Move to Providence: Good or Bad?
- PawSox President James Skeffington On The Case For A Providence Ballpark
Tue July 2, 2013
This I Believe Rhode Island: Comfort Food
What comes to mind when someone utters the phrase "comfort food"? Does it conjure up warm images of grilled cheese sandwiches with just the right amount of gooey innards or, perhaps, the aromatic vegetable soup your favorite uncle made when you paid him a visit? Whatever images and taste memories we hold near and dear, food has a powerful way of shaping our lives. The author Kurt Vonnegut once said, "You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it, too." And that's exactly what we hear from 15-year-old Robin Hall.
Robin Hall just completed his freshman year at North Smithfield high School, where he is a musician, swimmer, runner and formed his school's first Quidditch Club. Robin reports that he has grown up listening to National Public Radio.