Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Thu November 29, 2012
It’s on! Statehouse tree lighting announced with less than 30 minutes’ notice
The governor’s office sent out the following advisory at about 11:32 am today:
Governor Lincoln D. Chafee will host the 2012 State House tree lighting today, November 29, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. in the State House rotunda. The student orchestra from Cranston’s Park View Middle School will be performing holiday songs in the Bell Area of the rotunda beginning at noon.
According to the governor’s schedule, Chafee’s due for a ribbon-cutting for JetBlue at T.F. Green Airport at 1:25 pm.
The latest contretemps over a seasonal tree shows both how the governor’s critics sometimes make mountains out of a molehills, and how the administration’s communications can be among its own worst enemies.