Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Tue September 18, 2012
Langevin campaign calls Riley “negative”; releases statement
Congressman Jim Langevin’s campaign manager, Seth Klaiman, has released a statement in response to an ad blitz criticizing Langevin’s record by GOP opponent Michael Riley. The response takes a page from David Cicilline’s campaign, linking Riley with congressional Republicans.
It’s no surprise that the Riley campaign would immediately go negative since it is pushing the House Republican agenda rather than the priorities of Rhode Islanders.
Jim is continuing to fight to move the country forward by supporting a strong middle class. That means prioritizing tax cuts for the middle class and small businesses that create jobs here, and supporting education and job training, not doubling down on a failed plan to give more tax cuts to the wealthiest few and corporations that ship jobs overseas.
Klaiman hasn’t returned calls seeking additional comment.