Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
The Education Blog
Mon July 8, 2013
Looking for Summer Camps?
The Rhode Island Afterschool Alliance says some summer programs are still open for students, even enrolling on a weekly basis in a few cases.
RIASPA has a handy tool on its website: a map showing programs around the state along with descriptions of the activities provided.
Educators often stress the importance of organized summer activities, saying participation helps reduce the phenomenon known as "summer learning loss." RIASPA Executive Director Adam Greenman says summer programs can also be fun, engaging and help prevent obesity.
For more information about summer activities, check the homepage of the Rhode Island Department of Education, which is currently featuring a link to programs listed by topic.