Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
The Education Blog
Mon July 8, 2013
Looking for Summer Camps?
The Rhode Island Afterschool Alliance says some summer programs are still open for students, even enrolling on a weekly basis in a few cases.
RIASPA has a handy tool on its website: a map showing programs around the state along with descriptions of the activities provided.
Educators often stress the importance of organized summer activities, saying participation helps reduce the phenomenon known as "summer learning loss." RIASPA Executive Director Adam Greenman says summer programs can also be fun, engaging and help prevent obesity.
For more information about summer activities, check the homepage of the Rhode Island Department of Education, which is currently featuring a link to programs listed by topic.