Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Fri September 6, 2013
Lt. Governor Roberts: Chafee's Decision Doesn't Affect Her Political Plans
Lt Governor Elizabeth Roberts says the governor’s decision not to seek re-election in no way changes her political plans. Due to term limits, she cannot seek re-election for Lt Governor.
Roberts says right now she’s focused on rolling out the state’s health insurance exchange, and while she understands she’s next in line should Governor Lincoln Chafee leave office, she’s focused now on the exchange.
“When I took this job that’s the expectation that the public has, that if the governor should ever or aside, and I fully expect Linc Chafee to fill out his term and I look forward to working with him," said Roberts.
Roberts said she and the governor have talked and she congratulated him on what must have been a difficult decision.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we’d like to hear from you? email@example.com