Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Mon April 8, 2013
Marcel Valois Nominated as Executive Director of RI EDC
Marcel Valois has been nominated for Executive Director of the Rhode Island Economic Develop Corporation, which has been under a cloud since the 38 Studios bankruptcy.
It is the same position Valois held in the 1990’s under then Governor Lincoln Almond.
Valois most recently served as the Vice President of the Foundation of Rhode Island, a private non-profit organization.
The announcement came today from Governor Lincoln Chafee after his initial choice for the position, William Parsons, withdrew for medical reasons.