Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Thu January 3, 2013
Miller: full agenda for state senate health committee
(PROVIDENCE, RI) State Sen. Josh Miller has been named chairman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee. The senator representing Cranston and Providence is anticipating a full agenda for health-related legislation.
Josh Miller takes the helm of the health and human services committee from former chairwoman Rhoda Perry, who didn’t run for reelection. As the new chair, Miller will wield influence over the senate’s health legislation agenda. He says he hopes to consider, in particular, legislation to address disparities in hospital payments.
“I want to look carefully…some of the bills that the health insurance commissioner recommended based on hospital reimbursements are very similar if not the same as legislation that I’ve been involved in historically, so I want to look at those more carefully," said Miller.
Miller also says the committee will be looking at the legislative actions needed to launch the state’s online health insurance marketplace.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you.
Scott MacKay Commentary