Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Tue September 3, 2013
Pawtucket's Memorial Hospital Merging With Care New England
In a ceremonial signing, Care New England and Memorial Hospital will formalize a new partnership Tuesday.
Pawtucket’s Memorial Hospital has stood as an independent operation for more than a century. But in the latest shift in the state’s health care landscape, Memorial will join the Care New England system. The two institutions signed an agreement at the beginning of the year and the move has been signed off by both federal and state regulators. The Care New England health system includes Kent, Women and Infants, and Butler hospitals. Memorial Hospital has said the move will allow doctors to refer patients more easily to Care New England facilities and cut costs.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com