Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Fri June 28, 2013
Prime's Application to Buy Landmark Now Complete
Rhode Island regulators have deemed Prime Healthcare’s application to buy Woonsocket’s Landmark Medical Center complete.
Now the Attorney General and Department of Health can begin their official review of California-based Prime Healthcare’s bid to buy the troubled community hospital. That review begins July 1st and ends October 28th under Rhode Island’s Hospital Conversion Act.
Getting to this point has taken longer than expected, inspiring strong language from all parties involved. In the letter notifying them their application was now complete, Rhode Island regulators admonished Prime and Landmark officials for causing the delay. Regulators warned that they could only stick to the 120-day timeline for reviewing the application if they get timely responses from the parties.