Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue September 17, 2013
Providence to Play Host to 'Innovation Factory' Business Summit
More than 400 thinkers and entrepreneurs plan to gather in Providence later this week for the Business Innovation Factory’s ninth summit.
The head of the factory, Saul Kaplan, said new collaborations and projects come out of the summit every year. About two-thirds of the attendees come from outside of Rhode Island.
“The people that are there and the people that are in the room have an incredibly positive view of Rhode Island. They believe Rhode Island is a place where innovation can happen, so it changes the conversation," said Kaplan.
The Innovation Factory is a business incubator that began as an offshoot of the state Economic Development Corporation. It’s now an independent nonprofit.
The Innovation Factory’s ninth conference will take place Thursday and Friday at Trinity Repertory Company in Providence.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com