Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Westerly Hospital Sale
Tue March 26, 2013
Public has Two More Chances to Comment on Westerly Hospital Sale
Rhode Island authorities have until the end of April to make a decision about whether to allow the sale of Westerly Hospital to Connecticut-based Lawrence + Memorial Hospital, but on Wednesday members of the Westerly community will have the chance to comment on the proposed sale.
The Department of Health and the attorney general’s office have final say on the deal, but Attorney General Peter Kilmartin says public input helps to inform the decision.
“We actually do want to go out into the community, listen to what the community has to say about the local hospital’s impact upon them, the services they provide to people who live in the area, and really get the personal stories of the community whichever the hospital is it affects.”
Both public sessions on the hospital sale are scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at Westerly Middle School, 10 Sandy Hill Road, at 4:00pm and 6:00pm.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com