Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Fri August 2, 2013
Raimondo Finishes Quarter With $2M In Political War Chest
Thanks to contributions during the quarter that ended June 30th, state Treasurer Gina Raimondo has a campaign war chest of more than 2 million dollars. Raimondo is among three Democrats expected to run for governor next year.
Raimondo continued her pacesetting fundraising by collecting just under 400-thousand dollars during the most recent quarter. Her 2 million dollar-plus war chest is thought to be a Rhode Island record for a candidate yet to announce a gubernatorial campaign.
Providence Mayor Angel Taveras and Governor Lincoln Chafee also expected to run for governor next year as Democrats. Taveras has a campaign balance of just less than 700-thousand dollars, after collecting a bit more than 150-thousand dollars during the second quarter. Chafee raised 70-thousand dollars, leaving him with a war chest of a little under 400-thousand dollars.
Expected Republican candidate for governor Allan Fung has a little more than a quarter million dollars in his campaign account, while Moderate candidate Ken Block has just under 75-thousand dollars.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org