Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Mon September 16, 2013
Recovery Center Opens in Women’s Facility of the ACI
The first recovery center in the state’s Adult Correctional Institute is now open. The Anchor Recovery Drydock is in the women’s facility and will provide female inmates with treatment inside the ACI and resources for when they get out. The Providence Center’s CEO Dale Klatzker said having a recovery support network is key to staying sober and out of prison.
“All the treatment in the world isn’t going to make a difference if you aren’t also able to sustain your sobriety,” said Klatzker. “If you’re in an environment where all the pressures are on you or to use and abuse drugs.”
Klatzker said The Providence Center has been working inside Rhode Island’s prisons for years, and the goal is to have more recovery centers throughout the ACI, not just in the women’s facility.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org