Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Tue August 27, 2013
Reed Brings $1.5M to Woonsocket's Head Start Program
Senator Jack Reed is in Woonsocket Tuesday, bringing a gift from the federal government.
Senator Jack Reed has secured $1.5 million for the Woonsocket Head Start program. The money won’t be enough to make up for sequestration cuts, according to Reed’s office.
Woonsocket will still lose 30 Head Start slots this fall. Statewide, some 370 slots will be lost.
Nationwide, sequestration has forced Head Start to eliminate and reduce services for more than 57-thousand children for the coming school year, according to the U.S. Health and Human Services Department.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
RI Sequestration Cuts