Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Providence Mayoral Race, It's Not All About Buddy
- Mattiello: Cianci's Effect on RI's Image is For Voters to Decide
Tue August 27, 2013
Reed Brings $1.5M to Woonsocket's Head Start Program
Senator Jack Reed is in Woonsocket Tuesday, bringing a gift from the federal government.
Senator Jack Reed has secured $1.5 million for the Woonsocket Head Start program. The money won’t be enough to make up for sequestration cuts, according to Reed’s office.
Woonsocket will still lose 30 Head Start slots this fall. Statewide, some 370 slots will be lost.
Nationwide, sequestration has forced Head Start to eliminate and reduce services for more than 57-thousand children for the coming school year, according to the U.S. Health and Human Services Department.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
RI Sequestration Cuts