Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue August 27, 2013
Reed Brings $1.5M to Woonsocket's Head Start Program
Senator Jack Reed is in Woonsocket Tuesday, bringing a gift from the federal government.
Senator Jack Reed has secured $1.5 million for the Woonsocket Head Start program. The money won’t be enough to make up for sequestration cuts, according to Reed’s office.
Woonsocket will still lose 30 Head Start slots this fall. Statewide, some 370 slots will be lost.
Nationwide, sequestration has forced Head Start to eliminate and reduce services for more than 57-thousand children for the coming school year, according to the U.S. Health and Human Services Department.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
RI Sequestration Cuts