Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Rhody Votes '14: Dems for Governor Debate
- Mattiello: Cianci's Effect on RI's Image is For Voters to Decide
Tue August 6, 2013
Reed Confident RI's Manufacturing Sector Will Get Federal Boost
Senator Jack Reed said he’s confident that Rhode Island will receive federal money meant to boost the state’s manufacturing sector.
Reed and the three other members of the congressional delegation took part Monday in a manufacturing forum at URI’s Providence campus. About 100 people attended the discussion.
Reed said the outlook is good for Rhode Island to get a preliminary grant of up to 200-thousand dollars to foster a strategy for adding manufacturing jobs.
“I think in terms of the first set of federal grants and planning, we could be very confident we’ll get the planning," said Reed.
The preliminary manufacturing grants will set the stage for a national competition for federal grants of up to 25 million dollars each.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
Scott MacKay Commentary