Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Thu October 17, 2013
Reed Hopes Government Shutdown Has Not Caused Lasting Damage
U.S Senator Jack Reed said the deal ending the partial government shutdown in the U.S. is long overdue.
“It should have not been contemplated or undertaken in the first place and now we have to get down to real, serious, principled negotiations.”
He added that he hopes the partial shutdown hasn’t caused lasting harm to relationships formed across the aisle in the senate.
“I’ll salute Sen. Collins, Sen. Ayote, Sen. McCain and others who have been thoughtful throughout this process. There have been disagreements, but they didn’t use the pretext of disagreements to stop the government from functioning," said Reed.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com