Most Active Stories
- Jim Skeffington, PawSox President & Prominent Lawyer, Has Died
- Biologists Plan To Continue Tracking Beluga Whales In Narragansett Bay
- Scott MacKay Commentary: MacKay's RIC Commencement Speech
- Elorza Says Further Steps Needed to Stabilize Providence's Finances
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Next Move for PawSox Providence Stadium?
Thu October 17, 2013
Reed Hopes Government Shutdown Has Not Caused Lasting Damage
U.S Senator Jack Reed said the deal ending the partial government shutdown in the U.S. is long overdue.
“It should have not been contemplated or undertaken in the first place and now we have to get down to real, serious, principled negotiations.”
He added that he hopes the partial shutdown hasn’t caused lasting harm to relationships formed across the aisle in the senate.
“I’ll salute Sen. Collins, Sen. Ayote, Sen. McCain and others who have been thoughtful throughout this process. There have been disagreements, but they didn’t use the pretext of disagreements to stop the government from functioning," said Reed.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org