Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Alexander-Scott Nominated To Lead Health Dept.
- Gordon Fox: Financial Problems at the Apex of Political Power in RI
Wed October 23, 2013
Rhode Island Developer Baccari Indicted
Noted Rhode Island developer Richard Baccari has been indicted by a federal grand jury on one count of conspiracy and one count of bribery, the U.S. Attorney’s office announced Wednesday.
The federal prosecutors allege that Baccari paid $50,000 in bribes to North Providence political leaders to purchase their votes to win a town zoning change to clear the path for development of a Stop & Shop supermarket.
Rhode Island Public Radio political analyst Scott MacKay sat down with Dave Fallon to dissect the charges against Baccari.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com