Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Tue April 30, 2013
Rhode Island Drug Take-Back Event Beats Records
Rhode Island collected more than 23-hundred pounds of pharmaceuticals this past Saturday during a statewide prescription drug take-back event.
The Attorney General’s office says that beats the record of all six previous take-back events in Rhode Island.
Rhode Islanders were encouraged to bring unused or expired prescription medications to several locations throughout Rhode Island for authorities to dispose of safely.
The goals of the take-back are to keep prescription drugs out of the hands of unintended users, as well as to keep them from being flushed into local waterways.