Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri August 16, 2013
Rhode Island Republicans Head to Boston For GOP Committee Meeting
A handful of GOP activists from Rhode Island are in Boston for a regional meeting of the Republican National Committee that wraps up today Friday. The get-together offers an opportunity for networking and strategizing.
The Rhode Islanders in Boston include state GOP chairman Mark Smiley, Dave Talan of the Providence GOP, and Cranston Mayor Allan Fung.
Fung, who is Chinese-American, says the regional meeting offers a good opportunity to share ideas, and to make new acquaintances.
"For me it’s been a great opportunity networking too because I’ve had the opportunity to meet fellow Asians that are elected officials that are Republicans in the Northeast area, particularly a couple in the Boston area," said Fung.
Fung said Republicans need to do a better job of connecting with voters to bolster their standing in the Northeast. As it stands, the GOP has a meager presence in elected office across New England.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com