Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed October 30, 2013
Rhode Island Rolls Out "Operation Holiday Cheer" For Troops
“Operation Holiday Cheer” was officially launched Wednesday. The Lt. Governor’s Office, Rhode Island National Guard and several organizations and businesses are teaming up to send care packages to Rhode Island guardsmen overseas during the holidays.
Capt. Michael Calcagni got a care package last year. He said it makes difference when you’re away from family during the holidays. “However when you’re away one thing that is always uplifting, no matter what time of year, is mail call,” said Calcagni. “And when you can’t be home and mail brings home to you, it’s even better.”
Operation Holiday Cheer will be taking cash along with donations of items from a wish list. The care packages will be packed and shipped the next day.
Want To Give?
For more information on Operation Holiday Cheer, click here.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org