Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Tue July 30, 2013
RI Gov. Pulls Plug on Mancuso as Interim Higher Education Commissioner
Gov. Lincoln Chafee is pulling the plug on his embattled choice to become the state’s interim commissioner of higher education.
Chafee said Eva-Marie Mancuso is dropping her request for a state Ethics Commission waiver to move into the position. The waiver is needed since members of public boards are prohibited from accepting an appointment from a board of which they’re a member. Mancuso serves as chairwoman of the state Board of Education and will remain in that post.
Chafee said the state will launch a search to replace the outgoing commissioner of higher education, Raymond Di Pasquale, before his term expires at the end of September.
In the interim, the chief of staff for state Education Commissioner Deborah Gist, Clark Greene, will be temporarily loaned to the state Office of Higher Education.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org