Most Active Stories
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Seth Magaziner Staffing Up With Jeff Padwa & Andrew Roos
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Thu December 12, 2013
RIDOT: $29M In Transportation Projects Seek Funding
The public has a chance to weigh in Friday on a slate of proposed transportation projects that will be paid for out of a new fund
The new fund helps cities and towns access low-interest loans for road construction projects. It’s modeled after the state’s Clean Water Finance Authority, which over the past 15 years has loaned out $1 billion for municipal sewage treatment projects. In fact, the Clean Water Finance Authority will administer this new transportation fund.
There are 23 projects seeking funding. They include $1 million request for streetscape improvements on Broadway in Newport. Warwick is seeking funds to replace Mill Creek Bridge, Pawtucket would like to pave roads, and Westerly could use help repairing the Stillman Avenue Bridge.
The public comment period ends next Friday.
Want to Go?
Public Hearing on Municipal Road and Bridge Revolving Loan Fund
Friday December 13, 2013 9:00am
RIEDC 315 Iron Horse Way, Providence RI
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com