Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Wed December 4, 2013
RISD President Maeda Leaving For Job In Silicon Valley
Rhode Island School of Design president John Maeda announced Wednesday that he is leaving the school for a job in Silicon Valley.
In a released statement, Maeda said he’s leaving RISD to take a job as a design partner with the top-tier venture capital firm of Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers. Maeda leaves campus at the end of this semester, starting his new job next month. Maeda calls the move quote, “an irresistible pathway to strengthen design’s place in the digital age.”
During his six-years, RISD’s enrollment has grown, so has its scholarship funds and fundraising for academics.
RISD said it will work with its provost and chief operating officer for a smooth transition.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
The Education Blog