Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Joe Paolino moving to Newport, planning strong table games campaign for Newport Grand
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: The Providence Mayoral Race, It's Not All About Buddy
- Mattiello: Cianci's Effect on RI's Image is For Voters to Decide
Wed August 7, 2013
Robitaille Taking Another Look at the 2014 Governor's Race
Former Republican gubernatorial candidate John Robitaille says he’s taking another look at running in the race next year.
Robitaille had ruled out a second campaign for governor back in December.
But Robitaille said he’s reconsidering that decision now that Governor Lincoln Chafee has joined the Democratic Party and Moderate candidate Ken Block is considering running as a Republican.
“The landscape has changed. You know, I just think it’s prudent for me to take a look at it, to be honest with myself and people who still support me and to take another look, and it’s nothing more than that," said Robitaille.
Robitaille placed second to Chafee in the 2010 governor’s race, losing by about 2 percentage points.
Cranston Mayor Allan Fung is expected to run as a Republican candidate for governor next year.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com