Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Republicans for Governor Debate
Thu July 25, 2013
RWU Bringing Nonprofit HousingWorks RI into the Fold
Roger Williams University is bringing HousingWorks RI into its fold. HousingWorks is a local nonprofit that studies affordable housing and economic development.
Associate Vice President for University Relations, Pete Wilbur, said HousingWorks RI already operates out of the university’s facility in Providence, and faculty members are on the board. He said making the nonprofit part of the university gives students hands on opportunities.
“One of the main benefits is, it shows them the importance of giving back to the community, of being engaged in the community, they’re getting credit for these internships at the same time,” said Wilbur.
The announcement that HousingWorks RI will become part of Roger Williams comes just as HousingWork’s RI head Nellie Gorbea announced she is leaving to run for Rhode Island’s Secretary of State.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com