Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Rhody Votes '14: Dems for Governor Debate
- TGIF: 10 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Scott MacKay Commentary: We're Trying To Keep Politics Focused On Issues. Will You Help?
- Getting The Lead Out: The Law Works, Except When It Doesn't
Tue July 9, 2013
Shigella Bacteria Sickens 92, Hospitalizes 16
The Rhode Island Department of Health says a bacteria called shigella is responsible for sickening 92 people with bloody diarrhea, sending many to the emergency room and hospitalizing 16, including children. All had been swimming in a lake in Burrillville.