Most Active Stories
- Lorne Adrain Exits Providence Mayoral Campaign
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Cianci Says He Expected A Two-Man Fight When He Entered the Mayoral Race
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Wed October 30, 2013
Six Judicial Candidates Announced For Superior Court Judgeship
A top aide to Governor Lincoln Chafee and a former counsel for the speaker of the House are among six candidates to become a Superior Court judge. Interviews of the candidates are tentatively scheduled for early next year.
Those hoping to become a Superior Court judge include Richard Licht, director of the state Department of Administration. The state Ethics Commission recently found Licht isn’t subject to a requirement to spend a year outside government before trying to become a judge
Other candidates are Traffic Tribunal chief magistrate William Guglietta; federal public defender Olin Thompson; Providence lawyer Lynette Labinger; head of the attorney general’s open government division Michael Field; and Warwick lawyer Kerry Rafanelli.
The state Judicial Nominating Commission is set to interview the candidates January 7th and allow for public comment January 13th. The vacant Superior Court judgeship was created by the retirement of Judge Judith Savage.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com
Scott MacKay Commentary