Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri March 29, 2013
Surveillance Video May Shed Light on Missing Student's Location
The family of a missing Brown student has found what they hope will be a break in the case. New surveillance video shows a man believed to be 22-year-old Sunil "Sunny" Tripathi on a street near Brown University. The footage was taken around 1:30 a.m. on March 16th, the last day Tripathi was seen. The family believes it may provide clues about the route Tripathi took before he disappeared.
Tripathi was on leave from Brown University due to personal issues, and his family has been desperately searching for him. Though Tripathi suffered from depression, his family does not think he killed himself. Providence police and the FBI are also helping with the search, which now covers an area from Boston to Philadelphia.