Scott MacKay CommentaryScott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
Political RoundtablePolitical Roundtable: Rep. Abney on Newport Grand, Speaker Mattiello & The Sale Of The Projo
RI NewsNewport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- Joe Paolino vs. Edie Ajello?
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidates Start Taking Off The Gloves
- Scott MacKay Commentary: More Twists In Providence Mayoral Contest
- Newport City Manager Cites Difficult City Council In Decision To Step Down
Mon August 6, 2012
Taveras boosts Kimzey and Goldin in legislative races
I am convinced that it is essential to the success of our City and State that we are represented by elected leaders who value collaboration. That is why I am pledging my support to Gayle Goldin and Libby Kimzey – two legislative candidates who are committed to the same proactive, collaborative approach to governing.
Kimzey is challenging incumbent state Representative Michael Tarro of Federal Hill. Also in the hunt is longtime former Providence city councilor John J. Lombardi, who placed second to Taveras in the 2010 mayoral race.
Goldin already has the backing of Perry and Edith Ajello, so that speaks well for picking up voters on Providence’s largely liberal East Side.
The question for Kimzey is how much of a bounce she gets from the backing of the popular mayor of Providence.