Most Active Stories
- Bob Kerr: We Have Seen The Best And The Worst
- RI's Brown Bird Finds A Solemn Victory On Final Album
- Learning To Respect A Patient's Wishes At The End Of Life
- Raimondo: State Wants Better Deal on PawSox' Proposed Ballpark
- PawSox Seek Meeting with Raimondo; Team Signals Flexibility After Negative Reaction to Proposal
Mon August 6, 2012
Taveras boosts Kimzey and Goldin in legislative races
I am convinced that it is essential to the success of our City and State that we are represented by elected leaders who value collaboration. That is why I am pledging my support to Gayle Goldin and Libby Kimzey – two legislative candidates who are committed to the same proactive, collaborative approach to governing.
Kimzey is challenging incumbent state Representative Michael Tarro of Federal Hill. Also in the hunt is longtime former Providence city councilor John J. Lombardi, who placed second to Taveras in the 2010 mayoral race.
Goldin already has the backing of Perry and Edith Ajello, so that speaks well for picking up voters on Providence’s largely liberal East Side.
The question for Kimzey is how much of a bounce she gets from the backing of the popular mayor of Providence.