Most Active Stories
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
- Almost 15 Years After Cornel Young Jr.'s Death, How Much Has Changed in Rhode Island?
- The paranoid opposition to RhodeMap RI
- W&I Researchers Find Single Family Rooms Better For NICU Babies
- 'Warning Shot': Sen. Warren On Fighting Banks, And Her Political Future
Tue April 23, 2013
Tonight! Future Docs Live at Brown Med School
Where can you meet Future Docs Sarah and Peter and hear from some of Rhode Island's finest minds in health care and medical education? Wonder no more.
It's not too late to RSVP (more information and how to RSVP here) for our special event tonight at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, "Future Docs: Educating Doctors for a Changing Health Care Landscape." The event starts with a reception (that means snacks!) at 6 pm. And then at 7 pm, yours truly will be leading a panel discussion with:
- Lieutenant Governor Elizabeth Roberts
- Paul George, MD, director of the medical school's second year curriculum
- Peter Kaminski, second year medical student
- Sarah Rapoport, second year medical student
Peter and Sarah are two of the "Future Docs" I've been following throughout this school year as part of our series, "Future Docs." They're incredibly impressive, articulate, and fascinating people, and if you come to the event tonight you'll get to hear from them live and ask questions.
The panel discussion is about Peter and Sarah's experiences so far in medical school, how medical school is adapting to so many changes in the health care ecosystem - the Affordable Care Act, our changing demographics, cuts in medical education funding, and the wider perspective of how these changes are playing out in Rhode Island and affecting not only students and doctors but all of us.
Should be a lively discussion. We'll run it just like a live radio show, complete with cues for the audience to clap (if you'd be so kind) and me saying "you're listening to Rhode Island Public Radio" into the microphone a lot.
We'd love to see you there. Please join us!