Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Tue April 30, 2013
Town Council President: Central Coventry Voters Need More Information
For several months we’ve been hearing news about the cash-strapped Central Coventry Fire District, fighting to stay open during liquidation.
These financial woes seem like a case study for the challenges many cities and towns face, as they try to provide services through a patchwork of municipal agencies.
The Town Council has loaned the district $300,000 to stay open for a few more weeks. The debate surrounding the fire district is complicated, so we sat down with Gary Cote, President of the Coventry Town Council, to get the details.
The conversation continues. Hear more from Coventry Town Council President Gary Cote: