Most Active Stories
- Experts To Brief Lawmakers On Hep C In RI; Cost Of Treatment Likely To Come Up During Budget Talks
- Former Speaker Gordon Fox Pleads Guilty to Bribery, Wire Fraud & Filing a False Tax Return
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Raimondo's Budget Challenges And Secrecy
- Fox Broke Statehouse Iron Rule
- TGIF: 17 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics & Media
Fri August 30, 2013
Travelers Should Prepare For Heavy Traffic This Holiday Weekend
Travelers should prepare for heavy traffic during the final holiday of the summer. It’s expected to be the highest number of Labor Day travelers since the recession began.
AAA is projecting some 34 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home over Labor Day weekend. That’s an increase of 4.2 percent compared with last year.
About 85% percent of travelers will be taking the family car.
AAA believes gas prices won’t be a major impediment; they’ve been trending down this month compared to August of last year.
The travel organization is attributing the anticipated rise in travel to the mild, but increasingly positive economic outlook.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org