Most Active Stories
- Scott MacKay Commentary: Providence Journal, We Knew Ye Well
- A.H. Belo Hires Arkansas Firm to Explore Sale of the Providence Journal
- TGIF: 12 Things to Know About Rhode Island Politics + Media
- This I Believe Rhode Island: Getting Up Early
- Prescription Drug Abuse On The Rise On College Campuses Across The Country
Mon March 18, 2013
URI: A Record-breaking Number of Applicants for Fall 2013
The University of Rhode Island says it’s seeing a record number of applications for the Fall 2013 semester. University officials believe their marketing efforts are paying off.
Close to 21,000 students have applied for admission to URI for next fall. Roughly 75 percent will be admitted so that the university has its desired freshman class of 3,100 even after students who have been admitted decide to go elsewhere.
URI Admissions Dean Cynthia Bonn believes the interest in attending URI is a direct result of their outreach efforts.
“We’ve enhanced our web presence using college search engines. We know students are doing the majority of their college searching on the internet,” says Bonn, “so we’ve improved our website and we’re working with these college search engines to make sure URI is prominently featured.”
Bonn says URI is financially attractive to many students. Tuition will remain unchanged next fall at roughly $11,000 for Rhode Islanders and $26,000 for out of state students.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. email@example.com